Monday, February 25, 2008

My first challenge

I was browsing the Splitcoast Stampers site and came across all the challenges they post on their blog site. It was very interesting and fun to look at all the wonderful sketches along with other peoples creations. After seeing everyones wonderful work I figured I will give it a try and start participating in their challenges. This card was made using the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast.I started with a simple sketch, SC160. The stamp used was from Danami designs and I stamped it with versa ink (black onyx). The ribbon is from Michaels craft and I used emerald green paper from paper reflections and a green with stripes also from paper reflections. I colored the chicks with tombow markers and than added the fluff from Denami designs. My daughter just loves this card. Using the fluff gives the chicks a fuzzy texture. First I had to put a little crystal lacquer on the chicks than added the fluff. I also added some glitter from Denami designs to the balloons. I'm happy with my first challenge, I wish had more time to get more creative but with the little time I have I become brain dead by 10:30 pm or so. I'm traveling on a business trip on Friday to Aspen and plan to take some of my stamping stuff to work on during the weekend. I have a big event that starts on Sunday but plan to do some stamping and coloring on my down time. My evenings will be free since I don't have to do any school work with my daughter while on my business trip. I'm taking my laptop with me so I will still continue to post and chat with all my Sisters while on my trip.

3 comments:

Annapurna said...

Cool chicks. Busy gal, hope to see u back soon.
xx
Anna

Elisabeth said...

That is adorable!! Great job on your first challenge. Have a safe trip!

Liz said...

Aw this card is so sweet!

Liz