Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What a weekend!


First of all I promised to give an update on the birthday party I have been planning for the past two months. Well the party finally took place on Sunday. The theme was Strawberry shortcake. Between my daughter and I we made the centerpieces and the thank you cards. They came out really nice. With everything that I had going on I did not take a picture of the centerpieces. I am sure my daughter did, once I get a hold of it I will post it. The party was a huge success. We had about 90+ people there and all our family members did the cooking. I was on my feet from 7am till about 11:30pm or so. I was so tired that I was extremely cranky by the end of the day. I hate to be like that I just wanted a bed and a massage on my feet. I got the bed but not the massage. I had planned to make a couple of cards yesterday but I really had no energy. I was still tired from the party and had to get some house cleaning and yard work that left me little time to have fun. I did manage to put a card together about 10pm after everyone went to bed. I had made this card before at a workshop I had attended but gave it away to a friend. I liked it so much I wanted to do another one so I can add to my collection of samples.

3 comments:

Annapurna said...

Cool surfboards and colors. I want to be in a warm beach right now, but all bundled up in sweaters, bummer.
xx
Anna

Dawn said...

I love the bright colors. Great job and design on the card!

Unknown said...

I love the bright colors and the use of glitter around the cut outs! Very festive!